Music and Museum | Beatles by the Bechtler Ensemble
Beatles by the Bechtler Ensemble
In celebration of the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art’s founder Andreas Bechtler’s birthday, this concert will feature a selection of Beatles tunes specially arranged for the Bechtler Ensemble by Adam Watkins, Charlotte native, pianist/keyboardist, composer/songwriter, music director, and producer. Tanja Bechtler chose compositions from the Beatles because she feels that the arrangements capture the era in which her father grew up.
Get to know Adam Watkins
For the past 23 years, Adam Watkins’s career in music has yielded several professional touring engagements throughout 33 countries and 43 states. Adam’s eclectic interest in the arts has afforded him many opportunities to compose and perform in the different genres that commercial music purveys. He has worked on numerous productions, which have included a mix of disciplines from film/television production, commercial music, musical theatre, ballet/modern dance, and orchestral commissions, both pure and programmatic. Wakins has work with the likes of Lou Rawls, Al Jareau, Beyonce, N’SYNC’s J.C. Chasez, Jack Sheldon, Frankie Blue, Doug Jack, and vocalists Ted Neely and Carl Anderson for Jesus Christ Superstar.
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art has made the decision to require proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than three days prior to the program date) for attendees, staff, artists, and vendors.
Overview of COVID Policy Update:
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than 3 days prior to program date) for attendees, staff, artists, and vendors.
- Ticket holders will be asked in advance to provide their documentation upon check-in at these programs.
- If guests do not have a vaccination card or negative test results at the time of check-in, they will be asked to return with proofs for future programming.
- Due to the county health mandate, masks will still be required indoors, even with vaccination or proof of negative test.
- Masks may be removed to eat or drink and should be placed back on the face when finished.
- This requirement does not apply to daily museum visitation or private rental events/clients.
Tickets + Registration
This year, for the health and safety of all concert attendees, the Bechtler will follow current county and state health guidelines and mandates and reduce the number of general seating options. Therefore, advance ticket registration is required for all shows to guarantee seating.
Ticket price: $14 public; $10 museum members; $ 5 students (with proof of ID)