Music and Museum | Celebrating Twentieth Century Women
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art has made the decision to require proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than three days prior to the program date) for staff, artists, vendors, and attendees. Note: Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test is not required for general admission to the museum.
This past year and a half has been particularly hard on our local artists, as well as our local museums. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution and in the spirit of bringing public programming back for our audiences and supporting artists' return to the stage.
The safety of our guests, staff, and artists are a top priority and we will re-evaluate this policy as needed while we continue to navigate the Delta variant.
Overview of COVID Policy Update for Jazz at the Bechtler
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken no more than 3 days prior to program date) for staff, guests artists, vendors, and attendees
- If guests do not have a vaccination card or negative test results at the time of check-in, they will be asked to return with proofs for future programming.
- Ticket holders will be asked in advance to provide their documentation upon check-in at these programs.
- Due to the county health mandate, masks will still be required indoors, even with vaccination or proof of negative test.
- Masks may be removed to eat or drink and should be placed back on the face when finished.
- This requirement does not apply to daily museum visitation or private rental events/clients.
Celebrating Twentieth Century Women
Music and Museum makes its joyful return to live performances on Sunday, September 26, to mark the closing date of Twentieth Century Women. Led by Tanja Bechtler, the Bechtler Ensemble will perform an exciting program of compositions by women composers, including Germaine Tailleferre, Gabriela Lena Frank, and Amy Beach.
1. Hildegard von Bingen (German, 1098 – 1175) | Song to the Mother (O Virdissima Virga) and Spiritus Sanctus Vivificans
2. Germaine Tailleferre (French, 1892 – 1983) | String Quartet No. 1
3. Gabriela Lena Frank (American, 1972 – present) | Leyendas: An Andean Walkabout
4. Amy Beach (American, 1867 – 1944) | Theme and Variations for string quartet and flute, Op. 80
Tickets + Registration
This year, for the health and safety of all concert attendees, the Bechtler will follow current county and state health guidelines and mandates, including the current requirments to wear a mask indoors, and reduce the number of general seating options. Therefore, advance ticket registration is required for all shows to guarantee seating.
Ticket price: $14 public; $10 museum members; $ 5 students (with proof of ID)
Bechtler Ensemble Series is generously sponsored by George and Peg Povinelli.